DVD Authoring in Perth WA
Procopy can produce Hollywood quality DVD recordings using top-end technology. The DVD authoring suite is built around a Sonic Solutions DVD Creator, the recognised Premier system.
- Complete authoring, including 5.1 surround-sound audio
- Encoding-only options
- Video editing and DVD authoring packages
- Multi-lingual tracks
- Menu creation/graphic design and encoding
- High-end MPEG encoding
- Copy protected Authoring and Replication
- Region Coding
- PAL & NTSC
- An Internationally competitive service
- Multi-angle/view support
- Interactive DVD
- Music videos
- Commercial Promotions and Product Demonstrations
- Corporate Video and DVD brochures
- Safety Programs
- High-end weddings and family events
- Archiving - film or video tape to DVD
What is DVD authoring?
DVD authoring describes the process of creating a DVD video that can be played on a DVD player. DVD authoring software must conform to the specifications set by the DVD Forum group in 1995. The specifications are complicated due to the number of companies that were involved in creating them. The actual layout of the files on the medium and the operations that have to be undertaken to produce a 'playable' DVD (starting with already MPEG2-coded footage) are far too intricate - and beyond the scope of this article - to be explained here, and, indeed, worlds apart from the simple process of CD-audio authoring.
Strictly speaking, DVD authoring is a separate process from MPEG encoding, but most modern DVD authoring software has a built-in encoder (though separate encoders are still used when better quality or finer control over compression settings is required). Most DVD authoring applications are for video DVDs only; they do not support the creation of DVD-Audio discs.
For more information, see Jim Taylor's DVD FAQs